We have identified a number of important Local Contacts that may assist you in managing your property.  Rather than providing specific staff names and telephone numbers—which change over time, we have provided a list of contacts you should find useful.

Emergency Services (Ambulance/Fire/Police): 000
112 (for mobile phones with limited service)

Hunter-Central Rivers
Catchment Management Authority

The Hunter-Central Rivers Catchment Management Authority (CMA) is supporting local communities to better understand and manage our region's natural resources. The CMA receives funding from the NSW and Australian governments to invest in regional projects and programs in line with the Hunter-Central Rivers Catchment Action Plan, the NSW State Plan, and the Australian Government's Caring for our Country program. The CMA is working in partnership with individual landholders, urban residents, local government, landcare and community groups, Aboriginal communities, industry groups and other agencies to deliver on ground actions to improve the resilience of our region's unique landscapes.

Experienced and qualified CMA staff are available to provide specialist advice on:

  • managing native vegetation, including grazing management and the development of Property Vegetation Plans (PVPs);
  • protecting and enhancing riparian areas (rivers, wetlands, lakes);
  • monitoring and remediating saline areas;
  • improving soil health and rehabilitating eroded gullies;
  • sustainable agriculture;
  • restoring coastal, estuarine and marine areas; and
  • improving the knowledge and capactity of local communities to participate in natural resource management.

    If you have a natural resource issue in your catchment or a project you need help with please contact the CMA,

    816 Tocal Road (Private Bag 2010) Paterson NSW 2421
    Phone: (02) 4930 1030
    Fax: (02) 4930 1013
    Email: hcr@cma.nsw.gov.au
    Website: www.hcr.cma.nsw.gov.au



Government Agencies

Hunter-Central Rivers Catchment Management Authority ph: 02 4930 1030
NSW Office of Water ph: 02 9281 7777
NSW Office of Environment and Heritage
Pollution Reporting
ph: 1300 361 967
ph: 131 555
NSW Land and Property Management Authority ph: 1300 052 637
NSW Department of Planning ph: 1300 305 695
NSW Department of Primary Industries
Head Office
Tocal College
Local Office

ph: 02 6391 3100
ph: 02 4939 8888
ph: 1800 025 520
NSW Livestock Health and Pest Authority ph: 02 6391 3242

Local Councils

Cessnock City Council:
ph 02 4993 4100
Dungog Shire Council:
ph 02 4995 7777
Gloucester Shire Council:
Gosford City Council:
ph 02 4325 8222
Great Lakes Council:
Greater Taree City Council:
ph 02 6592 5399
Lake Macquarie City Council:
ph 02 4921 0333
Maitland City Council:
ph 02 4934 9700
Muswellbrook Shire Council:
ph 02 6549 3700 
Newcastle City Council:
ph 02 4974 2000
Port Stephens Council:
Singleton Council:
ph 02 6578 7290 

Upper Hunter Council

Merriwa: 02 6548 210
Murrurundi: 02 6546 6295
Scone: 02 6540 1100
Wyong Shire Council:
ph 02 4350 5555


Hunter CMATraining? Who to go to:

  • Community Colleges
  • NSW Department of Primary Industries (including Tocal College)
  • Hunter-Central Rivers Catchment Management Authority
  • Local Council
  • Registered Training Organisations in the Yellow Pages


Copyright 2011 HCCREMS